Alternative Yorkshire Wedding Photographers
Documentary wedding photography?
We’re Alex and Jenni, wedding photographers near York. The best wedding photographs capture people, expressions, conversations and details.
We’re not intentionally hip or trendy, just creative people who love documenting the good things in life, part of a niche photographic trend towards honest, expressive photography. If you’ve been looking for wedding photographers in York, Leeds, Hull, Harrogate or in fact almost anywhere we hope your search has come to an end.
Things you like : Spending time with your friends and family, Having a good time, Natural and relaxed photography
Things you don’t like : Standing around for group shots, Posing, Saying cheese for the camera
Wedding Photographers York – Some random info about us
- We got married on Halloween 2015 in Prague
- We love Nirvana, Led Zep, The Ramones, The Smashing Pumpkins, Deftones, The Cure, Bjork, Fever Ray, Slaves and good 90s RnB
- Guilty pleasures are: Taylor swift, Cake/Gin/Whisky, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Tester paint pots, Ikea and shopping on etsy
- We have two adorable kittens – Winnie and Beetlejuice
- Jenni once exhibited her artwork at the Venice Biennale and Alex has been published in print a number of times
- Favourite films include The Crow, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Addams Family, Dazed and Confused, Empire Records, The Blues Brothers, Inside Out and Dogma
- We love adventures and travel – Japan and Iceland are top on the wish list
- Jenni has an unhealthy obsession with Lush, she worked there for 3 months and came away with less money than she started with.
- Good whiskies preferably from Islay and Hendricks gin please!
Our photographic and artistic inspirations are: Vivian Maier, Christian Vogt, Sophie Calle, Martin Parr, Salvador Dali, Elizabeth Price and H.R Giger. The list is pretty endless!
– Thank you to our good friend Henry Lowther for the photos of us 🙂